Equity and dignity in access to justice for people experiencing or at risk of homelessness.
Justice for people experiencing homelessness.
Access to free, specialist legal services addressing the needs of people experiencing or at risk of homelessness.
- (Equality) We are committed to equal protection of the law and access to justice as a fundamental human right
- (Accessibility) We are committed to ensuring our legal services are accessible to people experiencing homelessness
- (Outreach) We proactively reach out to ensure we address the unique legal needs of people experiencing homelessness
- (Partnerships) We foster creative and collaborative partnerships that are consistent with our mission
- (Innovation) We are committed to innovation and continuous improvement in the delivery of our services
- (Advocacy) We advocate legal and social changes to prevent and relieve homelessness
- (Excellence) We achieve excellence and professionalism in the provision of legal services
- (Our Hallmarks) Dignity, respect and acceptance are hallmarks of our services
Street Law is a not-for-profit incorporated association under the Associations Incorporation Act 1987 WA.
We are supported in our work with funding provided by:
- Commonwealth Community Legal Services Program and State Criminal Property Confiscation Funds;
- The Law Society Public Purposes Trust provide grant funding for our Community Legal Education Program; and
- Emergency Relief funding from Lotteries West.
|Committee Member:||Timothy Langmead|
|Committee Member:||Julien Blais|
|Principal Solicitor:||Ann-Margaret Walsh|
|Office Coordinator (Policy):||Corinne Mercer|
|Community Legal Education Project Officer||Rachael Doraisamy|
In kind support is provided by Ashurst Australia, Corrs Chambers Westgarth, King & Wood Mallesons and Jackson McDonald.
Street Law is endorsed by the Australian Taxation Office as an income tax exempt charitable institution and as a deductible gift recipient.