Street Law provides free legal information, advice, assistance and casework services.
We strive to provide free legal services in a manner which:
- Achieves a high quality of service which meets your legal needs;
- Is accessible to you;
- Utilises pro bono services provided by lawyers in private practice in an efficient and effective manner;
- Utilises the other resources available to Street Law in an efficient and effective manner; and
- Is prudentially managed to ensure the ongoing viability of the organisation.
Our work may include letter writing, negotiation and minor court work services in the following legal areas:
- Care and Protection
- Criminal Law (minor charges)
- Guardianship and Administrations applications
- Police complaint
- Criminal Injuries Compensation
- Freedom of Information applications
- Violence Restraining Orders
- Family Law – (assistance will initially be limited)