Street Law provides free legal information, advice, assistance and casework services.
We strive to provide free legal services in a manner which:
- Achieves a high quality of service which meets your legal needs;
- Is accessible to you;
- Utilises pro bono services provided by lawyers in private practice in an efficient and effective manner;
- Utilises the other resources available to Street Law in an efficient and effective manner; and
- Is prudentially managed to ensure the ongoing viability of the organisation.
Our work may include letter writing, negotiation and minor court work services in the following legal areas:
- Fines & Infringements
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Injuries Compensation
- ID documents
- Guardianship and Administrations applications
- Police complaints
- Freedom of Information applications
- Violence Restraining Orders (initial advice)